Tuesday, November 3, 2009

It's been emotional

I decided that it was time to part ways with Time Warner Cable. It wasn't anything personal... strike that... It was very personal. They were robbing me blind!

So, I called yesterday and the department I needed was closed. Lovely. So I called back today and the first operator I spoke to asked me fifteen different questions "for security". When he asked for my pin number I told him I didn't remember setting up a pin number... he had no sympathy. I told him I would call back when I had more proof that I was me. I called back and got a very friendly lady. She asked why I was cancelling and before I could even think about it I responded "I'm moving... out of the country..." what happened next I was totally not prepared for.

Operator: OH! oh no! Who said you could do that?
Me: I'm sorry, what?
Operator: Who said you could do that
Me: Umm... no one?
Operator: Well everyone is really going to miss you.
Me: OH! umm... yeah... i guess...
Operator: You're one of those...
Me: I'm sorry?
Operator: You're one of those yesterday that made it rain. You made the clouds cry. You can't leave. What about everyone else? What are they going to do without you? People you see everyday they are going to miss you a lot.
Me: Yeah. Well. It's going to be okay.
Operator: (pause) Okay...
Me: Okay.
Operator: Well, you ARE really going to be missed. You will come back sometime right?
Me: Umm... yeah... occasionally
Operator: OK! Good! Well that's better than nothing.
Me: Okay, good!
Operator: So we can get this cancelled and when you have your new address you can update your account...
Me: Umm... okay. thanks
Operator: ...and I know I was being facetious earlier, but you really will be missed.
Me: Umm... okay. well, thank you.

Yea! I KNOW!! What the blazes, right? My question is, don't they record those calls? Was she drinking on the job? That is SO not okay. There had to be like ten different codes of conduct that she broke within a span of two minutes. I thought I was cancelling my service, but it was really a break up. When it was all over I seriously felt like one of us should have said, "we can still be friends, right?"

Somebody crossed the line and it certainly was not me. I don't need this from my cable provider. If I wanted to experience these kinds of gut wrenching emotions I would watch lifetime. I'm going to go lie down and not get out of bed until absolutely necessary.

Also, in case you are wondering, my account had been active for a total of 5 months prior to this. And for the record, I could at some point in the near future be moving out of the country. That wasn't a total lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

welcome

welcome
You there. Yes you, reading this small print...Thank you for stopping by... I hope you were not too disappointed